Friday, March 23, 2018

IT HAS SEVERAL TONGUES

At twelve forty AM or there abouts I really should not be smoking my pipe in the teevee room. But it is subtle, and she will not wake. Which is good; my roommate does not know, or need to know, that since ten o'clock I have been thinking about the attractive attributes of some random feminine person in the bar.

I do that a lot. I may successfully pretend to be a gentleman. But I'm still a dirty old man. As I have been since my teenage years.

The young lady in the bar was trilingual.
Which is ever so ... hot.
Trilinguality.



On the other hand, this queer mixture of Irish flake and sweet ribbon Virginia is also "smoking". And though I may be rancid, I am also a realist. My pipe will keep me happy, whereas the talented trilingualist will likely fall for a hairy savage half my age. As indeed they always do.



I remember the young ladies at the noodle restaurant.
And acknowledge that I am not their type.
Original troglodyte.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would you want to adulterate Irish Flake?

The back of the hill said...

Because it takes me nearly a year to finish a tin o Irish Flake straight. It's good, but it just isn't that compelling.

Anonymous said...

If it takes you that long, you are not doing it right.

Search This Blog

MAKE IT MEAN SOMETHING

A casual acquaintance suggested that using Latin and Greek terminology for scientific names of plants and animals reflected a Eurocentic mal...