Friday, December 01, 2017

OLD LEAVES

Last night when I came home from a long jaunt outside -- pipe smokers are forced to solitary wanderings -- she was still awake. She's having a tough time this season. She hasn't shared details, but she's not taking calls from her boyfriend, and he certainly won't talk about this to me either.
So I'm pretending that I don't know squat.
La la la, everything normal.

You understand, of course, that it's simpler that way. Things get really complicated when you have to be sympathetic and understanding to other people. It requires an investment of time and energy.
Which is easier by and for neurotypicals.
I am sure that in the fullness of time she will mention what he did wrong. Either before or after she tries explaining that to him.
Which probably won't be successful.


To my surprise I have become a very good listener over the years.


Different subject: Today I will fortify myself with pork chops. Life is cold and brutal, and a man must have pork chops. Lunch at Leiching, close to ginkgo trees. The leaves of which on various streets are now are turning yellow and dwarreling down. Very beautiful.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...